Best Waterproof Crib Mattress Pad
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Waterproof Crib Mattress Pad
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: picking the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of different mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research each of these before making your choice. We have given the 3 mattresses available on the market, towards the bottom of this article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you’ve got a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors are not mattress specialists, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has confirmed this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or let the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There is a difference between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everybody . Very light-weight people do not need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you lift your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation warranties or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what is called a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, such as whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a given time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at precisely the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this kind.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Waterproof Crib Mattress Pad
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that motion transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great option for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be tricked into thinking the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar shapes nicely, but doesn’t have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable choice.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an inexpensive mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much more affordable cost than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic issues with customer support
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets many of our criteria for what a quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that gives good airflow, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there’s absolutely not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it’s well worth the time to study it and get the very best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.