Best Soft Mattress 2018
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Soft Mattress 2018
This is even more true if you experience back or neck pain: choosing the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research each of these before making your choice. We have given you the best 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of this report.
- speak with your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to take these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has verified this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be determined by your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everybody . Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower spine. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about comfort guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what is called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a plush, and a pillow top in precisely the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of this kind.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a store that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Soft Mattress 2018
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent option for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into thinking the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover and a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar shapes nicely, but doesn’t have the identical hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the absence of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an inexpensive bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper cost than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime warranty
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical issues with customer service
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover that provides good airflow, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex layers, meaning that this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there is not any hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with minimal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it’s worth the time to research it and get the very best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery fees.