Best Pillow Top Mattress 2018
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Pillow Top Mattress 2018
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: picking the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your choice. We have given the top online, towards the bottom of this report to you.
- speak with your doctor. If you have a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress specialists, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there’s no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical team has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm feel. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be dependent on your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people do not need large thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation warranties or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what is known as a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, such as whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at precisely the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this kind.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Pillow Top Mattress 2018
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that motion transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great solution for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak border support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be tricked into thinking the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but does not have the same hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the lack of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, making it a durable choice.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper cost than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime warranty
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical issues with customer service
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover which gives good airflow, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex layers, meaning this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there is not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with nominal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it is worth the time to study it and get the best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery fees.