Best Non Toxic Mattress 2017
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Non Toxic Mattress 2017
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: choosing the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research each of these before making your choice. We have given you the top 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of this report.
- Talk to your doctor. If you have a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors aren’t mattress specialists, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is not any medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to take these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical team has confirmed this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses aren’t always better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm texture. You need firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people do not need big thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They allow you to elevate your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what’s known as a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top in the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of this kind.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Non Toxic Mattress 2017
Puffy offers two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that motion transfer and conforming were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak edge support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover and a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar shapes nicely, but does not have the identical hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an inexpensive mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak edge support
- Historic issues with customer service
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the correct materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover which provides good airflow, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex layers, meaning this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there is not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, then proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with nominal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it is worth the time to study it and get the best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.