Best Non Toxic Mattress 2016
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Non Toxic Mattress 2016
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: picking the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research each of these before making your choice. We have given you the top on the market, towards the bottom of this report.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there’s no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical team has confirmed this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or let the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to have a real feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Take note that firm mattresses aren’t always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm feel. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everybody . Very light-weight people don’t need big thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about comfort warranties or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what is known as a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you purchase, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a store that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best Non Toxic Mattress 2016
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that motion transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be fooled into thinking the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but does not have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the lack of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, making it a durable choice.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper cost than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical problems with customer support
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the right materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover which provides good warmth, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex layers, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there’s absolutely not any hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, then move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it’s well worth the time to study it and find the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.