Best Memory Foam Mattress 2017
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Memory Foam Mattress 2017
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: choosing the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many different mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research each of these before making your decision. We have given the 3 mattresses available on the market, towards the bottom of this article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors are not mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there’s not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to take these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical team has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or let the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses aren’t necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There’s a gap between firm support and firm texture. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be dependent on your personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everybody . Very light-weight people don’t need big thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you elevate your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation warranties or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what is known as a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you buy, and make certain you understand the details, such as whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a given time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a plush, and a pillow top at the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best Memory Foam Mattress 2017
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and conforming were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak edge support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into thinking the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover and a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar shapes nicely, but does not have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the lack of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, making it a durable choice.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an inexpensive bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak edge support
- Historical problems with customer support
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets many of our criteria for what a quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the right materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there is not any hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it is well worth the time to study it and get the very best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.