Best Medium Firm Mattress 2015 Uk
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Medium Firm Mattress 2015 Uk
This is even more true if you experience back or neck pain: choosing the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many different mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research each of these before making your choice. We have given the best 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of this article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors aren’t mattress specialists, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has verified this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or let the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not necessarily better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm texture. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be dependent on your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everyone. Very light-weight people don’t need big thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower spine. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what is called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, such as whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a given time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at precisely the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Medium Firm Mattress 2015 Uk
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that motion transfer and conforming were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great option for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime warranty with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be tricked into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover and a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but does not have the same hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the lack of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an inexpensive bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper price than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime warranty
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak edge support
- Historical problems with customer service
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets many of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that gives good airflow, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it is well worth the time to research it and find the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.