Best Mattress Topper For Sleep Number Bed
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Mattress Topper For Sleep Number Bed
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: picking the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research each of these before making your decision. We have given the top 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of the article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has confirmed this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or let the salesperson rush you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be determined by your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everybody . Very light-weight people do not need large thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what is called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top in precisely the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a store that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best Mattress Topper For Sleep Number Bed
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that movement transfer and conforming were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent option for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover and a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar shapes nicely, but does not have the identical hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, making it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical problems with customer service
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the right materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover which gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex layers, meaning that this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there is no hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it’s worth the time to research it and find the best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery fees.