Best Mattress Near Me
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Mattress Near Me
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: choosing the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your decision. Luckily, we have given the best on the market, towards the bottom of this article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors aren’t mattress experts, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical team has verified this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Take note that firm mattresses aren’t necessarily better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm texture. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be dependent on your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everybody . Very light-weight people do not need big thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower spine. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about comfort guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what is known as a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, such as whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a given time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to locate a store that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Mattress Near Me
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and conforming were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent option for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime warranty with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be fooled into thinking the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar shapes nicely, but does not have the identical hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, making it a durable choice.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an inexpensive bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper cost than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical issues with customer support
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets many of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover which gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex layers, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there is not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it is worth the time to research it and find the best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.