Best Luxury Mattress 2018
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Luxury Mattress 2018
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: picking the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of different mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your choice. Luckily, we have given you the best on the market, towards the bottom of this report.
- Talk to your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress specialists, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to take these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical group has confirmed this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm texture. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people do not need big thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They allow you to elevate your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about comfort warranties or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s known as a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a given time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a plush, and a pillow top in precisely the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Luxury Mattress 2018
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak edge support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be tricked into believing the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar shapes nicely, but doesn’t have the same hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an inexpensive mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper cost than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical problems with customer support
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets many of our criteria for what a quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the right materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex layers, meaning that this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there’s absolutely not any hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, then proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it is worth the time to research it and get the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.