Best Foam Mattress On Amazon
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Foam Mattress On Amazon
This is even more true if you experience back or neck pain: choosing the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research each of these before making your decision. We have given the top on the market, towards the bottom of this article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there’s no medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has verified this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses aren’t necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be dependent on your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people do not need big thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about comfort warranties or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s known as a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you buy, and make certain you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a given time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top in precisely the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to find a store that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Foam Mattress On Amazon
Puffy offers two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that motion transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent option for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak edge support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into thinking the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar shapes nicely, but doesn’t have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, which makes it a durable choice.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an inexpensive bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper cost than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime warranty
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical issues with customer service
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the right materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover which gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex layers, meaning that this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, then move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it’s worth the time to study it and get the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery charges.