Best Cooling Mattress Pad 2017
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Cooling Mattress Pad 2017
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: picking the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research each of these before making your decision. Luckily, we have given you the best online, towards the bottom of the report.
- speak with your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress specialists, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there’s not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical team has confirmed this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or let the salesperson rush you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm feel. You want firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They allow you to elevate your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what’s called a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a plush, and a pillow top at precisely the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best Cooling Mattress Pad 2017
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that motion transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be tricked into thinking the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but doesn’t have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, making it a durable option.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an affordable mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime warranty
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak edge support
- Historic issues with customer support
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets many of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the right materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover that gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning that this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, then proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with minimal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it is well worth the time to study it and find the best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.