Best Budget Memory Foam Mattress
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Budget Memory Foam Mattress
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: choosing the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your decision. We have given you the best online, towards the bottom of the article.
- speak with your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress specialists, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has verified this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to have a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There is a difference between firm support and firm feel. You need firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be dependent on your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everybody . Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a given time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to find a store that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best Budget Memory Foam Mattress
Puffy offers two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover and a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar contours well, but doesn’t have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the lack of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime guarantee
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical issues with customer service
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that provides good warmth, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex layers, meaning that this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, then move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it is worth the time to research it and get the best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery fees.