Best Budget Mattress 2017
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Budget Mattress 2017
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: choosing the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your decision. We have given the best 3 mattresses available on the market, towards the bottom of this article to you.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical team has confirmed this.
- Take the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There is a difference between firm support and firm feel. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everybody . Very light-weight people do not need big thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you elevate your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s known as a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at precisely the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to locate a store that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Budget Mattress 2017
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that motion transfer and conforming were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent solution for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak edge support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover and a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar contours well, but does not have the same hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the lack of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an inexpensive mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime warranty
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic issues with customer support
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the correct materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover that gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex layers, meaning this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with minimal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it’s worth the time to research it and find the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery fees.