Best Bed Mattress 2018
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Bed Mattress 2018
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: choosing the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of different mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research all these before making your decision. Luckily, we have given you the top on the market, towards the bottom of the report.
- speak with your doctor. In case you’ve got a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They may have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical group has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There’s a difference between firm support and firm feel. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be determined by your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everyone. Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you elevate your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s called a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, such as whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a plush, and a pillow top at the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Bed Mattress 2018
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that movement transfer and conforming were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak border support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be tricked into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but doesn’t have the same hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, making it a durable choice.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much cheaper price than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historical problems with customer service
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the right materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover which gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, then proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it is worth the time to study it and get the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery charges.