Best Affordable Mattress Topper
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Affordable Mattress Topper
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: choosing the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of different mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research each of these before making your choice. Luckily, we have given you the 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of this article.
- Talk to your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress specialists, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to take these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical group has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to have a real feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Take note that firm mattresses aren’t necessarily better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm feel. You want firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everyone. Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what is called a comfort guarantee. Ask for it before you purchase, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a plush, and a pillow top in precisely the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a shop that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best Affordable Mattress Topper
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that motion transfer and adapting were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent solution for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak edge support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be tricked into thinking the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover and a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar shapes nicely, but does not have the same hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the lack of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an inexpensive mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much more affordable cost than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak edge support
- Historical problems with customer support
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that provides good airflow, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there is no hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, then proceed from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it is worth the time to research it and get the very best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery charges. Best Affordable Mattress Topper