Best 4 Inch Mattress Topper
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for choosing a mattress can be overwhelming. Best 4 Inch Mattress Topper
This is even more true if you encounter neck or back pain: picking the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many different mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your choice. We have given you the top 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of the report.
- speak with your doctor. In case you have a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress specialists, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to take these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical group has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Take note that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has shown that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There is a difference between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be dependent on your personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everybody . Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about comfort warranties or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what’s called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson does not offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a plush, and a pillow top in the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the entire subject of sleep. Try to locate a store that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Best 4 Inch Mattress Topper
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that movement transfer and conforming were major advantages. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent solution for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar contours well, but doesn’t have the same hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel that the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is made to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, making it a durable choice.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an inexpensive mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime warranty
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic issues with customer support
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover that provides good airflow, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with minimal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it’s worth the time to study it and find the very best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery fees.