Best 4 Inch Mattress Topper
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best 4 Inch Mattress Topper
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: picking the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research each of these before making your choice. Luckily, we have given you the best online, towards the bottom of the report.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you have a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors are not mattress specialists, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some fantastic advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there’s no medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical group has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a real feel for it. Couples should test out the mattress together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses aren’t necessarily better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There’s a gap between firm support and firm feel. You want firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be dependent on your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people do not need big thick pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They let you elevate your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower back. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s known as a comfort guarantee. Request it before you buy, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your warranty.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a lavish, and a pillow top at precisely the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this kind.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best 4 Inch Mattress Topper
Puffy provides two different memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that movement transfer and conforming were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great option for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak border support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep provides a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but doesn’t have the identical hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 decades, making it a durable option.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re looking for an affordable mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much more affordable price than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic problems with customer support
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover which gives good warmth, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is designed to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex layers, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there is not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support center keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak border support for a coil support foundation.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it’s well worth the time to study it and find the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery fees.